My blog is a blog is my blog...: The Year That Was (some sort) Never Meant To Be.

Friday, January 25, 2008

The Year That Was (some sort) Never Meant To Be.

fio has the time to blog, despite the fact that she is a full-time educator.

Dylan did not blog much, despite the fact that he is still going through teacher training.

But here I am, trying to recollect what has happened this year.

I would say that this year has created for me a wealth of opportunities, and choice-making situations; some of which were amicably made, some of which were regretfully made and some of which are gladfully made.

What traumatises me the most for these past two weeks left me affixed to my belief that Luck was pretty down on me in 2007. Somehow, the 'best' thing got to happen in 2008. A turning point of my life which will determine my future.

In case you are thinking if it has something to do with my inner thoughts, no, you are wrong. Nothing emotional here. It was something which I have done in a moment of impulse, wanting to inject that adrenaline rush. Like most shows, villains get their just desserts in the end.

No matter what the outcome is, just hope.

And pray before the hour comes.

__________

All the falseness in my words, all the hypocrisy in my actions and all the wretched thoughts in my mind (from time to time) culminate in a lifetime of remorse and haunting memories. This past year seemed like a facade which should never manifest in front of my very eyes.

Somehow, it did. Never a nightmare but a mirage that never go away.

I hope to be a better man for the rest of my life.

Do what is right. Sometimes, doing the correct thing doesn't help. Doing what is right carries more weight. Go figure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home